Moving can be a hectic time, we have included some items that you can use to help make your move a little easier. Here are some helpful move-in checklist items to help you stay organized. Some of the items listed may or may not pertain to you, so please check with your apartment Leasing office if you have any questions.
Securing an Apartment:
- Have been approved for new apartment and have notified the Leasing office of my move-in date and confirmed the apartment is available
- Have paid any monies due to hold the apartment
- Have received my new address
Moving to New Apartment:
- Have scheduled a date with mover, rented a truck or enlisted help to move
- Have boxes, packing paper, tape, etc for the move
- Have scheduled time and date to sign my lease paperwork
- Have set up the required utilities in my apartment
- Have filled out a forwarding address slip to the post office to forward me mail
- Have obtained the appropriate Renter’s Insurance coverage prior to my move-in.
- Have gotten my utilities set up
- Have gotten my copy of renter’s insurance
- Have gotten a cashier’s check or money order in the full amount I owe for my move-in costs
- Have signed my lease paperwork and received my keys
- Have broken down my move-in boxes and brought to the appropriate trash area located at my apartment
- Have gone to my local Dept.of Vehicles to obtain my new drivers license with new address
- May want to set up my rent on the Auto-pay with Payment Service Network (see Move-In folder for details).